- The headmaster demands money for the previous headmaster’s retirement and humiliates students who do not/cannot bring it in
- Clement comes home and asks for the money from his parents who refuse
- His sister listens/comforts him and gives him advice on how to raise the money and get back at the head teacher
- They go out busking for money and receive a large amount when they end up going to the previous headmaster’s house
- Clement comes in to school the next day and pays for himself and all the other students who couldn’t pay either
Clement is meant to be a symbolic figure like Jesus. Jesus died to save us, Clement saved his fellow students.