Set in India, a family of children and a mother, they live in a hot, dry, arid part of the country
- The children are let out to play at the end of the day, whilst the mother relaxed
- The heat of the day is portraying death, as the children enter the garden filling the place with fun and noise the garden seems to spring to life.
- They begin to play hide and seek, leaving to find their hiding places; it becomes quite again, Ravi, one of the youngest children, decides to find the ‘perfect’ hiding spot. Finding it in a shed, he hides throughout the game until all the others have been caught
- Ravi finally revealed himself to the others reaching ‘Den’ after the game had finished
- However the other children did not care, they had forgotten him
- The story concludes when Ravi finally realises how insignificant he is